What are Fodbods bars?
Fodbods are the first certified FODMAP friendly snack bars in Australia! They're convenient, delicious, filling and you can trust they won't give you a tummy ache or bloating :)
What's so special about Fodbods bars?
- 100% natural: Fodbods are made from natural and organic ingredients. No preservatives and nothing artificial.
- They don't cause tummy aches or bloating: Fodbods are low FODMAP, which means we left out high FODMAP ingredients which commonly cause gut issues.
- Not too sweet: Fodbods aren't high in sugar. We sweeten them with just a bit of organic rice malt syrup
- Gluten free: Fodbods have been laboratory tested gluten free so they're suitable for those with Coeliac disease.
- Vegan friendly: Fodbods are 100% plant based because (a) we love animals; (b) we love the planet; and (c) energy derived from plants makes you feel fantastic!
- No nasties: We don't use any artificial sweeteners, fillers, preservatives, GMO's or emulsifiers (they're bad for your gut).
- THEY'RE INSANELY DELICIOUS!!!! Just wholesome naturally ingredients, as they should be :)
Where are Fodbods made? Fodbods are made in Australia.
What's the FODMAP diet? Up to 1 in 5 people suffer from IBS. Most gut issues are caused by FODMAPS = a group of carbohydrates found in lots of foods, like apples, honey, wheat, dates, onion and garlic. The Low FODMAP diet was developed by Monash University and involves identifying which FODMAPs you're intolerant to and eliminating those from your diet. You can read more about it right here!
Will Fodbods make me bloated? Bloating can be caused by a variety of factors so we can't guarantee that Fodbods won't make you bloated. What we can guarantee is that they have been certified by the FODMAP Friendly Food Company for the recommended serving size and can be safely eaten during all phases of the FODMAP diet (elimination, re-introduction and personalisation).
How should I store Fodbods? The bars should be stored in a cool, dry place. If you're lucky to live somewhere tropical and warm, it might be worth storing them in the fridge to maintain their shape and texture.
Why are my bars oily? Fodbods don't contain any additives, preservatives or emulsifiers - just natural wholefood ingredients that we all know and love. Because of this, our bars may sometimes get a little oily, especially if left in a warm environment (like the car). It's all healthy (unsaturated) fat and is obviously fine to consume although some of our friends prefer to wipe it off before enjoying. If you're interested in reading more, we've written a full blog article on this which you can find here.
Are Fodbods gluten free? Yes, we have all of our Fodbods laboratory tested for gluten.
What allergens should I be aware of when eating Fodbods? Fodbods Protein bars contain nuts (either peanuts or almonds, never both) and soy. You should also be aware that they're made in a shared facility that processes Sesame Seeds. Fodbods Buddies bars are allergy friendly (note that they're also made in a shared facility).
Is pea protein FODMAP friendly? There's a bit of confusion around pea protein as some varieties aren't very pure and can be high FODMAP. We only use very pure pea protein in our bars and you can trust that they're FODMAP friendly as they have been independently tested and certified. Here's a great article on the topic, if you're interested – https://www.fodmapeveryday.com/is-pea-protein-low-fodmap/.
Is soy protein FODMAP friendly? Soy is quite complicated when it comes to FODMAPs. Soybeans contain oligosaccharides, however most of this is removed during the process of making soy protein. The soy protein isolate used in Fodbods has almost negligible amounts oligosaccharides so it's low FODMAP.
What should I do if there's something wrong with my order? Don't stress, we'll sort it out ASAP! Just send an email to email@example.com with details.
I own a business and would like to stock Fodbods – how can I do this? We're always excited to partner with new businesses. If you're keen to become a Fodbods stockist (your customers will be so grateful), just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll share the wholesale price list.
Are Fodbods a food product for me? Absolutely, we made Fodbods for everyone to enjoy. They're perfect for you if you:
- have gut issues or a sensitive stomach
- follow a vegan diet
- can't have gluten and/or dairy
- often have to eat on the go
- are very active or play sports
- just love delicious, healthy snacks :)
Anything else? Just send an email to email@example.com and we'll be happy to help :)